Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Frozen in time Moments"

"Abraham, Martin & John" We can all remember those "frozen in time" events... Assassinations of both Kennedy brothers, Martin Luther King, Jr., John Lennon and of course, September 11, 2001. In 1963, I was 6 years old, in first grade at Our Lady of Perpetual Help School ~ to this day I can identify my classroom and the seat I was sitting in when we were informed President Kennedy was shot! I remember everyone of these "moments"... I was 23 and walking into The Valley Pub with a great friend Brooke when we heard about John Lennon! Eight years ago, on a beautiful blue sky September morning, it was very unusual that both Phil and I were home... I was upstairs and I heard it on the news on TV that the World Trade Center was hit... I went and told Phil and he said "it was probably a small Cessna" ... then the second one hit and we were both glued to the TV, for days... I could not shut it off. I had just left my job in NYC after commuting and working there all my working years! I know I'm not alone, these stories resurface every year, and they should. I can't remember the last time I heard the famous song "Abraham, Martin and John" - but it always "get's me"...  and so will tomorrow.

No comments: