Monday, April 6, 2009

"EASY" Lasagna!

I will NEVER cook lasagna noodles again. I resisted for a while using the "oven ready" noodles...thinking they just can't be that good... so wrong. I'm partial (very) to Ronzoni. I've tried Barilla a few times, they're easier to use as they are flat, but they are just not as good and the noodles taste sticky. I don't have an ounce of Italian blood in me... but it's genuinely my favorite food. Eggplant is my all time favorite food, I can eat it any way. Lasagna is my son's favorite and it's always great to make a small tray and what is not consumed is sent back to school with him (he loves to heat it up in his dorm microwave).. or I'll freeze!
Making lasagna used to be such a project, boiling those huge noodles, that always break up! I know many buy fresh lasagna noodles... I'm sure they are the best, but I've not researched them yet (I have to give them a try too). My son and husband love it with sausage meat cooked in the sauce...I've often added frozen spinach as well!
Anyway...if you've never tried the "oven ready" Ronzoni Lasagna, I highly recommend them...it makes it SO EASY. You may need a little extra sauce, but that's the only difference.

No comments: