Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hunting for Kisses!


Easter Candy...way TOO many choices....
Today, I decided to pick up a bag of Hershey Kisses, Easter is next Sunday and if I don't get them today, there will be absolutely NO selection left...what I wanted are the pastel color foil kisses they usually sell at Easter.... I'm hunting through: dark chocolate kisses, peanut butter kisses, dulce de leche kisses, cherry kisses, caramel kisses and today for the first time I see, coconut creme kisses.... not to be confused with Hershey's Hugs and Kisses, which I'm not entirely sure of what they are! I could not find the pastel color milk chocolate kisses, never mind the original silver foiled kisses.... So, I move down the aisle to look for Nestle or Dove...same thing...over 10 choices.... Then I see Easter Bunnies filled with peanut butter, caramel, cookies n creme, sugar free.... etc. Jelly Beans.....how about red hot, spice, pastel sprinkle, black, - or you can take out a mortgage and buy a bag of jelly beans at Williams Sonoma for $16.00!
I think I bought some Cadbury Easter Eggs, I picked up a few bags of some pastel chocolate things, hopefully some were small eggs... (they're already hidden so I'm not tempted)
I briefly mentioned this to my son...he loves dark chocolate and I've traditionally gone to a speciality chocolate store and bought him a dark chocolate bunny - he tells me.... "Ma, just buy me a Hershey Bar... it's all I want - you end up throwing it away every year anyway"....which is true, one bite of the ears...and he's had enough. I'm wondering if I can actually break a tradition (God Forbid) and limit myself... I THINK I'm going to give it a try...it will be hard to not hunt for his Easter Basket in the attic... I guess I'm the biggest traditionalist in the family ~ and I'll continue to hunt for the milk chocolate pastel colored kisses!

1 comment:

preppyplayer said...

I can never buy to much ahead as the candy doesn't seem to...make...it to...the basket!!!