Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Were your ears ringing this morning...

Astrid, Oakland, NJ 1975

I've been excited about today for many weeks. Thank you Facebook for making reuniting with someone I've lost touch with so easy. We realized we had not seen each other since the summer after we graduated high school in 1975... we also worked together (with a great crew) at DQ! Do you know how much of our lives have changed in almost 35 years??? What I really treasure is the familiarity never skipped a beat. A few weeks ago while looking for some old photos I saw this one... and of course had to let her know, scan and send! It's a gem - the best was the writing on the back...it brought back more memories than of the photo itself. So today what did we do... talk...talk...talk - and if you were in our high school when we were...yes, we probably brought up your name as well. The best part of it is... we've both admired hearing from our classmates - it's nice to see everyone have mutual respect for others, even if we were not all best buddies in Indian Hills. My happy high school days have been on my mind since Astrid drove away - I've mentioned this before, and I try to live by this - make the effort to see people, it's so worth it...

1 comment:

preppyplayer said...

That's why I like facebook, all the reconnecting!