Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ten Years Ago... test yourself...test your kids!

JFK Jr. ~ What could have been...






Ten years ago today our family was flying home from a week's vacation at The Atlantis Resort in The Bahamas... it was lovely. But, what do I remember most about this trip? It was the news just before we were boarding the plane "JFK Jr was missing" ...I heard the details and I had a strong feeling, he'd be gone "forever". Here one day...gone the next - it happens too frequently! I was a Kennedy family magnet....everything they did was of interest to me... I loved following JFK... his beautiful wedding and bride - his love for his sister and family - and I'll admit - that smile - talk about "tall, dark and handsome". I just asked my 21 year old... "Do you remember JFK Jr"? Ya, he says - I said what do you remember about him, I asked? "I don't know... you liked him, he died in a plane crash going to Martha's Vineyard"... I pushed him - Who was his father...he knew (Thank God)... Who was his sister "I don't know...why"... Honestly, I don't know why I ask some of the questions I do... I set myself up for disappointment.
I guess when I was 11, if someone asked me specifics about Eisenhower I would "hopefully" know some specifics... 34th President... 5 star General... high popularity vote... hopefully...

No comments: