Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"West Side Story"... time to see it Again!





MATT CAVENAUGH (Tony) and JOSEFINA SCAGLIONE (Maria)


"Cool"
West Side Story,  I've seen this musical live on Broadway, in Summer Stock Theatre, Regional Theatre, Community Theatre, College and High School Theatre. I know every lyric to every song, I never tire of it. It was produced on Broadway the year I was born, 1957 - truly a musical that changed the way we think about how dance can tell a story. West Side Story is an American musical, book by Arthur Laurents, music by Leornard Bernstein and lyrics by my favorite genius, Stephen Sondheim and the original was choreographed by Jerome Robbins... the plot is based on William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. It's reopening was last sprint at the Palace Theatre... even with it's "mixed reviews" I'm going to see it for the umpteenth time!




No comments: