Monday, October 19, 2009

Newest "Ah-Ha" Moment... No Appetizers!


Birthday Dinner for Grandma Bolton with Gene, Elana and Rachel!
Last night we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday at my sister-in-laws. We arrived on time and I noticed she did not have out ANY appetizers or snacks, this is very unusual for her... I took notice and I was really hungry and like everyone else, patiently waited for dinner. After salad, and while eating a delicious dinner (she's a very good cook) someone verbalized what I realized at the exact same moment. "Dinner is delicious and I'm so happy you had no appetizers first..." We all started to comment and all agreed! How frequently have you filled up on appetizers and then sit down to dinner and not at all hungry to eat a morsel??? It happened to us the night before... filled up on veggies, dip, cheese etc. With the amount of work that goes into a dinner, it's just not fair to the host when you do not want to eat the main meal... I've had it happen to me many times. So... I'm determined to try this. Next event I have a dinner prepared I am NOT going to serve any appetizers first... I'll try and have dinner soon after everyone arrives and see how it goes! I'll keep you posted... I'm frequently full of intentions, but it was a true "ah-ha" moment and occurred to many of us at the same table...and, we all enjoyed the same delicious dinner that she spent hours preparing! Thank you!

1 comment:

preppyplayer said...

I agree with this in theory... but apps are sometimes the best part!!!