Friday, August 14, 2009

Boys and their toys!

It costs all of maybe $3.50. A plastic wiffle ball and bat. My son and his friends have been into this game for as long as I can remember. Years ago they had tournaments that lasted all summer... it was their BIG summer event. There back at it again this summer - 20 year old boys - wearing out the lawns... still competitive and lovin' it like they were all still 12! Although 1 version of this game is "dizzy bat" where they cut off one end of the plastic bat, fill it with beer and... honestly, I lost the details after I heard that!
My son could not wait to tell me about yesterday's game... (still, the traditional version)
It is true that 20 year old men are still little boys with their toys...
Well, so are 50 year old men (I live with one)!

No comments: