Monday, February 23, 2009

I do LOVE the Oscars...

And I find myself so excited when they are coming up... it was more exciting for me this year because I actually saw two of the movies "Slum Dog..." and "The Writer". And I LOVED them both.
Do you remember when "The Wizard of Oz", "The Sound of Music", "Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer" and many more classic movies used to be on TV only once a year? We all knew the date, it was a family event - if you missed it, you had to wait until the following year when it was featured again. Maybe that's why the Oscars and other award events are so exciting....they are ONLY on once a year. Well, so is the Super Bowl.... but that just doesn't do it for me. "To each his own" Our accessibility of watching anything at anytime is a convenience, but it does take away from that great anticipation we used to share. Something our kids just can't relate to.
It sort of falls in the category of seeing a digital picture the second you take the picture... "instant gratification". That's a topic for another blog...."instant gratification"
But, I'm actually happy to be tired from watching the Oscars... and Hugh Jackman - you were just terrific!

No comments: