Monday, December 21, 2009

Traditions...



"A Christmas Story"
One of my favorite things to share and hear are other people's "traditions"... cut and paste and share yours too! 

Eggnog or hot chocolate? Neither (I HATE eggnog and hot chocolate I don't associate with Christmas) - BUT... Mulling spices in cider w/ a tad of something to "spike" it... YUM.
Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree? I wrap them all now... but grew up to toys NEVER wrapped.

Colored lights on a tree or white? White. But do love to see other's trees and appreciate them all!


Do you hang mistletoe? Most years... hmmm I actually bought it this year and it must have been thrown out in the bag...(It just occurred to me)!


When do you put your decorations up? Usually the first weekend in December... I start them... I did "less" this year, hand picked what I wanted in the attic and left a few boxes (and NO one misses them, or realized it)!!
What is your favorite holiday dish? Christmas Eve we ALWAYS have stone crabs that were flown in from Naples, Florida...our tradition and we LOVE them... Prime Rib on Christmas Day.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We give our son 1 gift. Phil and I exchange on Christmas Eve...the rest come from Santa on Christmas Morning!


How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Traditional...ANYTHING goes!


Snow: love it or hate it? LOVE IT.


Can you ice skate? NOT WELL... and have not tried it in years!


What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pecan Pie... I'd eat it at EVERY holiday, if I could!

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting up EARLY and waiting for Gene, even this year at 21!!! When I was a kid it was going to our stocking and being allowed to eat candy before breakfast!


Candy canes: yum or yuck? Yum.



Favorite Christmas show? "A Christmas Story" but I DO also love "The Grinch"!

Thank You "Preppy Player"... made it an "easy" post!!!





No comments: