Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Meeting Cardinal McCarrick


Procession before Mass (I'm in red jacket)

Cardinal McCarrick and Father Charlie
It was a great day at my parish last Sunday, Cardinal Theodore McCarrick visited and was our Presider at Mass. The Cardinal recently served as Archbishop of Washington after he was elevated to a Cardinal in 2001. It was his second visit to our parish, he's a soft spoken and gentle man with a loving smile and sincere and humble personality.  It was an extra special day for me having the opportunity to serve as a eucharistic minister at this special celebration with him.

1 comment:

preppyplayer said...

I have met him at many of Irene's family functions over the years- very nice man.
I heard the Mass was lovely, really special. Of course I had to work :(