Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mission Accomplished...

"I'm telling you Susan, we are NOT buying ANYTHING tonight," I need to sleep on it.  "I understand and totally agree"... test drive... he "jumped" behind the wheel, a stick? it's been a long time... comes back like riding a bike - 5th gear on the highway... "lovin it"  OK.... meet the sales guy at his desk... (you know, 12 desks along the wall)...  I love my husband, gets them down on the price... heals in the ground, I need to think about it until Monday... We get walked into the finance "guy"office... super nice man - banging numbers on his keyboard and saying nothing... Comes back with a figure... my husband "Wow, does sound good - I'll let you know on Monday"... he goes out the door, comes back with a piece of paper - knocks down the price considerably... my husband - OK, we'll take it... it's now ours! Deposit left, ours on Monday... we must have the word "sucker" written on both of our foreheads... I'm wiped, a few too many car salesmen the last few days... know what I mean???
PS... A Toyota Matrix...small (good for a tight parking lot on campus and good on gas)... also rather cute (to me)... I'm happy.

1 comment:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Cute car and at least you made them work hard for you!