Monday, January 4, 2010

Interfaith Traditions!



Different families...different traditions. It's been like this since I've been with my husband... I'm used to it...it's automatically accepted - how we celebrate holidays, birthdays, family gatherings, funerals, weddings, etc. Our son automatically knows what to expect when it comes to whom we are celebrating with... neither are better than the others, there is no right or wrong - we're accustomed to it, we are in "automatic" gear on what to expect. When my family celebrates birthdays it's always at someone's house, someone makes the cake and hosts the dinner, etc. My husbands family ALWAYS celebrates a birthday in a restaurant, with a bakery cake. Coming from different religions and heritage certainly plays a major part in our background... but it goes beyond that. It's not the religion, it's the custom... Even though our son is being brought up as a Christian with the Catholic Sacraments, he has respect and understanding for other religions and customs ~ I'm grateful to be able to experience both and that our son is exposed to both as well.

No comments: