Tuesday, January 4, 2011

SPLIT PEA SOUP.......



You either love it or not... let's face it, it does not look all that appetizing, army green colored food is usually not so pretty.
I think it's the reason I cook a ham, so the bone can be made into soup... ham, a popular food around Christmas and New Years always lends itself to a delicious pea soup - and a shortage of finding dry peas in the store! I'm cooking a pot right now, first of the season, house smells delicious and with some crusty bread ~  OH. SO. GOOD.

1 comment:

wildmary said...

I was searching for a photo of pea soup to use on one of my blogs and found yours. I wonder if you took it yourself. Anyway, I've been to Ireland and have Irish heritage so perused your blog a little. Keep on writing...isn't it fun? I have a blog for my family, one for my photos, and one for my frustration of trying to live with new eating habits. I just made pea soup without the ham...not as bad as I expected but yours looks awesome!