Wednesday, December 28, 2011



Let us remember that the Christmas season starts on Christmas Eve, ask many in earlier generations, their Christmas Tree was only decorated on Christmas Eve!  Similar to not having our church decorated until Christmas Eve... sad that the radio stations that play Christmas Music 24/7 stop on Christmas Day... I'm still playing Christmas Music... Remember that the Twelfth Night is followed by the Feast of the Epiphany on January 6th!  Keep you music on, keep your tree up... now is the time to celebrate the season!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I appreciate this so much more now that my kids are older. It used to be almost too much to deal with once the big day was over. Now, I enjoy the season longer and am thrilled to hear Christmas songs during mass the next two weeks. Our priest reiterates the fact that the season still continues and am so glad to hear him elaborate.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I tired I really did but I couldn't do it! I know it's how we grew up...blaming it on my need for fresh New Year! Love your header picture so cool! Hope you had a wonderful New Year and Holiday!

Susan said...

I'm actually guilty this year too... left up the Cresh... tree was dry and it was "hanging over my head"... life is different then when we grew up... have to do what works for us!!! But, I'm sitll playing Christmas Music and the outside of my house has not been touched... (and "actually" have a few Valentine's Day favorites out...just a few)!