Sunday, November 28, 2010

Don't mess with the pecan pie!

Tradition... it's what makes me tick, our own and listening to others! Collard greens and green beans cooked in Ham Hogs? Yep, to a few women I work with... (whatever) Pasta before turkey...that tradition really amazes me - I won't even serve appetizers because I want everyone to eat their dinner (and, it's what my mom does)... This year I was going to skip the creamed onions... until two days before Thanksgiving when  my sister tells me it's one of her 2 favorite things to eat... (of course I ran to purchase the onions...how can I NOT serve them)...
My favorite....pecan pie - I'll ONLY make it once a year, is anything more fattening??? This year I decided to try a new recipe, cheese cake bottom, with pecans on top...my lesson ... keep the tradition - creamed onions and "don't mess with the pecan pie"!

No comments: