Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sad, Senseless and Tragic.

Over 600 Students Attended the prayer service tonight...
Early this morning, a Sophomore from Seton Hall University passed away from a gun shot injury...she was attending an off campus party, 1 mile from campus.  Such a senseless, tragic loss.  All because someone was not welcomed into this party returned with a gun (he was not a SHU Student).  Our son lives off campus, it's very common for upper classmen to move off campus - my heart skipped a beat when I heard about this incident.  I was on campus this morning, security was very tight - I immediately knew something was wrong.  After finding out  about this crime, I called campus security, once assured it was not his house, I finally exhaled... all those other worries I've been consumed with seemed so trivial...the fear of getting "bed bugs", wrong book ordered, stitches from Rugby...  Gene phoned me after he and his roommates attended the prayer service...I was so happy to hear his voice!    Please keep Jessica's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

preppyplayer said...

I have to say my heart skipped a beat too as I think of Gene and you whenever i hear "Seton Hall."
So, So, sad.