Saturday, January 30, 2010

It feels good to feel sore!

Back in the boat... we'll sort of, simulating rowing in indoor tanks, oars in the water, seats could slide, everything like being in the boat - oh, but you can't tip and it was warm inside!
West Point Academy has an amazing boat house facility, a 2 story building with a floor of ergs, and 2 water tanks, all while facing the Hudson, which is very close to the building and a very narrow part of the river... it was frozen and soooo amazing to see a tug boat drag a huge freight boat down the river and breaking up huge slabs of ice!


So nice to be sore again, blisters on the palms of my hands and rowing with the nicest people... all half my age and younger!!! I'm a winter girl, but today was the first day I truly can say, I'm looking forward to spring and be back on The Hudson! 
 

No comments: